It was a good workout today. I returned to the Tuesday/Thursday barbell & kettlebell class at the Glendale Sports Center. I really love this class but I haven’t been going because I probably haven’t yet been ready. But lately I’ve felt very solid so I figured it was time to give it a run. I haven’t done anything very powerful recently and I wasn’t sure how it would go with the kettlebell exercises. Can’t know ’til you try it though.
- Squats: Worked up to 175 lbs. x 3 reps x 3 sets
- Most weight I’ve done since the ACL
- Can’t go quite as low as before but this is no surprise. I’m still below parallel.
- Press: Worked up to 115 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
- 2-handed Bent-over kettlebell rows: 16 kg x 10 reps – 20 kg x 10 reps – 28 kg x 10 reps
- Kettlebell double push-jerk: 16 kg x 10 x 10 reps for 100 total reps.
- Knee felt fine.
- Technique is rusty.
- Kettlebell 1-arm snatch: 16 kg x 20 reps (10 one hand then 10 in the other hand) x 5 sets for 100 reps.
- Felt fine!
- Probably will do a few tomorrow. I need to build some callouses on my hands.
- Farmer walks: 32 kg
I’m very tempted to try a barbell power clean some time soon.
- Road bike ride: About 20 miles
- tempo ride
- Done at a “comfortably challenging” pace.
- Great day to ride. Felt good.