- Stand in good posture with feet shoulder width apart and feet facing forward.
- Hold a barbell, dumbbell(s) or kettlebell(s) at clavicle height.
- Perform a squat as low as you can while maintaining good form and posture.
- Drive back upwards with the legs then press the weight or weights fully overhead.
- Return weight(s) back to clavicle height.
- You may use one dumbbell or kettlebell to create an asymmetric load, and thus a different exercise.
- You may vary your foot position: feet wide/narrow, staggered stance with one foot slightly ahead of the other, toes in/out, or any combination of these positions. Again, this will create a slightly different exercise.