Several days gone by and I’ve had several good workouts. I did some power cleans for the first time since the ACL and everything felt fine. I also rode up Lookout Mt. in Golden, CO and again, things felt good. Here’s what it all looked like:
- Power cleans: 135 lbs. x 5 reps x 5 sets
- Knee was stable.
- Weight felt fine.
- Front squats: 135 lbs. x 2 x 5 reps
- Easy/light day for squats
- Front squats are more challenging than back squats but that means I can load myself lighter.
- Good mornings: 135 lbs. x 6 – 145 lbs. x 6 – 155 lbs. x 6 – 165 lbs. x 6 – 175 lbs. x 6 – 185 lbs. x 6
- Heaviest on GM I’ve gone since the knee.
- I do these on light days, deadlift on heavy days.
- Kettlebell snatch: 16 kg x 40 reps – x 50 reps – x 30 reps = 120 reps total
- Super set: 3 sets
- 1-leg squat: 30 lbs x 7 reps
- cable anti-rotation: 15 lbs x 3 seconds x 10 reps
Bike ride up Lookout Mt: about 2 hrs/20 miles.
- Tough ride but good.
- Early season climbing is always an eye-opener.
- Knee felt fine.
- Lunch and beers afterward! Yeehaw!
- Jump rope & mobility work
- First time for any jumping since the knee.
- 5 x 50 reps
- Circuit: 8 rounds
- Weighted pull-ups: 20kg x 4 reps
- Kettlebell swings: 32kg x 20 reps – 36kg x 15 reps – 40kg x 10 reps for all remaining sets
- Push-ups: 10 reps – 3 reps plyo push-ups – 10 reps – 3 plyo reps – 10 reps – 3 plyo – 10 reps – 10 reps = 59 reps total
- 1-leg hops: 20 reps
- This was a moderate workout. I went at an easy pace and worked until I was moderately fatigued.
This past week I was successful doing power cleans, jump rope, and 1-leg hops. This is fairly aggressive stuff and everything held together well. I’m very pleased.
Surgery is scheduled for May 1. It’s a little tough to contemplate after seeing so much quick progress since the initial injury. That said, I’m ready to get fixed up.